Welcome to the South Devon Catchments Partnership
Bringing people together
for clean water and a healthy environment
for the benefit of everyone
As part of the national Catchment Based Approach movement, we are a partnership made up of groups, organisations and individuals across South Devon who work together to ensure our rivers and estuaries are healthy and full of life, now and in the future.
You can find out more and get involved by emailing email@example.com.
Visit our interactive map
Or explore the links below to get involved with improving the environment in South Devon…
Be a citizen scientist
WRT wants everyone to take a closer look at your local rivers, streams and lakes. Whether you like spotting wildlife, or are concerned about pollution, this could be the opportunity for you.
Make a difference in the Avon Valley
Habitat management advice, meadow restoration, dormouse surveys, Riverfly monitoring – Your Valley Needs You!
Become a River Keeper
Our principles as a partnership are to be…
- Supporting local initiatives
- Working at the most local level we can, widening our scope only when this will improve outcomes for the environment
- Bringing together all those with a passion for our rivers and environment
- Being community-led, and supporting bottom-up approaches
- Building trust and confidence, between partners and between the partnership and the wider community, by working openly and honestly
- Avoiding duplication and bureaucracy through effective communication and collaboration
- Promoting the exchange of knowledge and good practice, at a local level and with other Catchment Partnerships
- Building skills, knowledge and capacity within our communities and stakeholder groups, to sustain the catchment-based approach in the long term
We do all this by convening 3 groups:
Working group – taking a leading role in the partnership and the development of the action plan
Active group – involved in carrying out work on the ground
Informed group – on our mailing list to keep informed about initiatives, with a view to future involvement
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and get involved.
Visit our resources page to see our partnership documents and to find useful resources for partners.